50 Fun Christmas Trivia Questions
Test out your basic trivia knowledge with a Christmas quiz on your favorite Christmas movies, songs, and folklore to see how much you really know about the most magical time of the year. Some are easy, some are hard, but they’re all fun Christmas trivia!
ANSWERS AT BOTTOM
1. Which popular Christmas beverage is also called “milk punch?”
2. What did the other reindeer not let Rudolph do because of his shiny red nose?
3. How many ghosts show up in A Christmas Carol?
4. Where was baby Jesus born?
5. The movie Miracle on 34th Street is based on a real-life department store. What is it?
6. What are the two other most popular names for Santa Claus?
7. Elvis isn’t going to have a white Christmas he’s going to have a….
8. What do people traditionally put on top of a Christmas tree?
9. In Home Alone, where are the McCallisters going on vacation when they leave Kevin behind?
10. In the classic Christmas movie, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, the Grinch was described with three words. What are they?
11. In which modern-day country was St. Nicholas born in?
12. In the movie It’s A Wonderful Life, what happened every time a bell rang?
13. What words follow “Silent Night” in the song?
14. Which Hollywood actor played six different roles in The Polar Express?
15. In Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, what was the first name of Scrooge?
16. Which country did eggnog come from?
17. Which real-life person is Santa Claus based on?
18. What did Frosty The Snowman do when a magic hat was placed on his head?
19. What is Ralphie’s little brother’s name in the movie A Christmas Story?
20. Which Christmas song contains the lyric “Everyone dancing merrily in the new old-fashioned way?”
21. What are you supposed to do when you find yourself under the mistletoe?
22. Which one of Santa’s reindeer has the same name as another holiday mascot?
23. Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
24. In the song “Winter Wonderland,” what do we call the snowman?
25. In the movie Elf, what was the first rule of The Code of Elves?
26. What’s the name of the main villain in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
27. According to the song, what did my true love give to me on the eighth day of Christmas?
28. What was the highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time?
29. Whose eyes are all aglow in “The Christmas Song?”
30. What was the real name of the character Tim Allen plays in The Santa Clause?
31. How many gifts in total were given in “The Twelve Days of Christmas” song?
32. Which fairy tale was the first gingerbread houses inspired by?
33. In the movie A Christmas Story, what was the name of the neighbors whose dog ate the Christmas turkey?
34. How do you say “Merry Christmas” in Spanish?
35. Where did the word and idea “Christmukkah” come from?
36. What is the name of the last ghost that visits Scrooge in A Christmas Carol?
37. Visions of which food danced in children’s heads as they slept in the poem “‘Twas The Night Before Christmas?”
38. What gift did the Little Drummer Boy give to the newborn Christ?
39. What is the best-selling Christmas song ever?
40. Who wrote, “Christmas doesn’t come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more?”
41. Three of Santa’s reindeer’s names begin with the letter “D.” What are those names?
42. What was Frosty the Snowman’s nose made out?
43. What is the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in It’s A Wonderful Life?
44. In the 1964 movie Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, what was the name of Rudolph’s elf friend?
45. What popular Christmas song was actually written for Thanksgiving?
46. What was the first company that used Santa Claus in advertising?
47. In “The Christmas Song,” who did the narrator see kissing Santa Claus under the mistletoe?
48. In the movie Elf, how does Buddy get to the North Pole?
49. Where did there arise such a clatter?
50. What are Christmas trees also called?
2. Join in any reindeer games
4. In Bethlehem
6. Kris Kringle and Saint Nick
7. Blue Christmas
8. An angel
10. Stink, stank, stunk
11. Turkey (originally Patara, a city in the ancient district of Lycia, in Asia Minor)
12. An angel got his wings
13. Holy night
14. Tom Hanks
17. The Christian bishop St. Nicholas
18. He began to dance around
20. “Rocking Around The Christmas Tree”
24. Parson Brown
25. Treat every day like Christmas
26. Oogie Boogie
27. Eight maids a milking
28. Home Alone
29. Tiny tots
30. Scott Calvin
32. Hansel and Gretel
33. The Bumpuses
34. Feliz Navidad
35. The O.C.
36. The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come
37. Sugar plums
38. He played a song for him on his drums
39. “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby
40. Dr. Seuss
41. Dancer, Dasher, and Donner
42. A button
43. Clarence Odbody
45. “Jingle Bells”
48. He hides in Santa’s sack
49. On the lawn